Home

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

4 Easy Steps to Art

 
It's spring break here and I'm trying to keep the kids busy.
 
So far we've....
 
We've gone to a movie
(Mr. Peabody and Sherman)
 
Iced sugar cookies
 
Played with our friends
 
and made some cool looking art with our cousins.
 
I found this artist on
pinterest and thought it
would make a fun project for the older kids.
 
 
It's so easy and I think the final results are terrific.
 
 
1.First we cut out shapes from cereal boxes and covered them in magazine pages.
2. Then we covered out canvases with paint
3. Then we glued around the edges of the cardboard shapes with seed beads (which then were painted gold) or "dot art" with gold paint.
4. Then we arranged them and glued them down.
 
Voila
 
 
This is a close up of the seed bead technique.
 
 
and this is a close up of the "dot art" technique.
 
 
Super fun and super easy.
 
I think I might have to try my hand at it.
 
linking with
 


No comments:

Post a Comment