Home

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Envelopes

I know that some of you have been done their Valentine Day crafts for days, (possibly weeks) but I just finished mine last night.  I did start these a week ago, but after coming down with the PLAGUE  flu I was unable to even look at them until last night.  I'm just going to say, " better late than never".



 The idea was originally from pottery barn kids and there have been many different takes on it but I basically followed the one from sheekshindigs.  I did change somethings as I made four different ones for each of the kids.  I really can't choose which is my favorite, they're all so cute.



Here's how they look on the chairs.  ( I used elastic to get them to stay on the chairs...worked like a charm)


 The kids loved finding what mom and dad gave them this morning (chocolate heart suckers)


So instead of putting nice notes before Valentine's Day we now will be writing "love" notes until the end of February.  The kids are so pumped to do this and the sweet notes and gifts have already started showing up in the envelopes.



 Here is a Valentine treat idea that I did last night too (while I shamefully watched the Bachelor) that will be given to teachers and close friends.



 It's a rolo wrapped in red paper and the tag reads, "You're the BOMB"
"Happy Valentine's Day." 
but changed the pipe cleaner for wire and star cutouts.  
Who wouldn't want a piece
of dynamite for Valentine's?

...and since I'm feeling so good now,
 I need to go and buy a very cool gift for my husband......hope he likes it.
(If I find it I'll show you tomorrow)
Happy Valentine's Day!

linking with
myuncommonsliceofsuburbia
sugarbeecrafts
ladybug-blessings
cherishedbliss
sewcando

This is my friend's
version (I love the embroidery).




...and another friend did the heart version.  I thinks it looks great.


 

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! I thought about making them too, but never got around it. Kids all decorated boxes instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sheesh woman! Your energy and creativity know no bounds. These envelopes are such a cute idea. I shall have to try these for next year! Such a cute idea! And yours turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how yours are all different...really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of making them too...but didn't find time..like the way you add the heart shape to the Gift Card envelopes

    ReplyDelete